These Cacao and Raspberry Bars will be a wonderful and wholesome treat for you and your loved ones!
They’re a great snack, and will store in the fridge for up to a month. Don’t be waivered by the complex recipe, it’s actually quite simple once you get going! Serve with a tablespoon of vanilla coconut yoghurt for extra enjoyment. (makes 16 bars)
- Preheat the oven to 150oC.
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Spread out the almonds on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the coconut to the top.
- Return to the oven for a further 5 minutes or until the coconut is golden. (Be careful it burns easily).
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
- Allow the nuts to cool.
- Remove 2 cups of the nut/coconut mixture and set aside.
- Pulse the remaining nuts in a food processor until chopped. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Process the measured two cups of almonds and coconut along with the salt in the food processor until smooth and liquid. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- This may take 5 or 10 minutes depending on the power of your processor.
- Add the brown rice syrup, maple syrup and vanilla extract pulsing to combine.
- Then add the Mamamuti Cacao Powder and pulse to combine.
- Add the nut butter mixture to the chopped nuts and coconut.
- Add in one cup of the freeze dried raspberries.
- Mix well. (You may need to use your hands).
- Using clean damp hands press the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Top with 1/2 a cup of crushed freeze dried raspberries.
- Put the bars in the fridge for an hour until firm.
- Cut into slices and store in the fridge for up to four weeks.