It’s nutty, chocolatey, crunchy, nourishing and so easy to make and your home will smell like comfort when you bake this…yum! A beautiful and tasty gift idea. Why buy something when you can make it yourself? (This recipe will make enough to fill 4-5 large mason jars)
500g rolled oats
250g coconut threads or flakes
2 cups whole raw almonds
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil
150g Mamamuti Yin Blend Cacao Paste
1 cup freeze dried raspberry crumble
2 tablespoons dried organic rose petals (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 150C
- Line two shallow baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, coconut, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, salt and cinnamon and mix well.
- Add the maple syrup, coconut oil and Mamamuti Yin Blend cacao paste into a small saucepan and gently warm over a low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Pour the maple syrup mixture over the oat mixture and mix well.
- Spread the mixture out evenly over the two baking trays, and place in the oven to toast for 15 minutes.
- Remove the trays, stir and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes, watching carefully so that it does not burn.
- When the granola is fragrant and golden remove from the oven, sprinkle over the freeze dried raspberries and petals (optional) then let it cool completely before storing in an air tight container.