One of my favourites! These almond flour brownies are rich, fudgy, gooey and made using one bowl. Totally foolproof, dairy free and low carb. So good! It truly celebrates the indulgent and pleasing side of cacao. You gotta try it.
1 1/2 cups almond flour/meal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons good quality olive oil
1 cup granulated sweetener of choice - brown or coconut sugar
3/4 cup Mamamuti Cacao Powder
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped Mamamuti Yin Blend Cacao Paste optional (makes it very gooey and is way nicer than using sugary choc chips)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients.
- In a separate larger bowl, whisk together your olive oil, sweetener, eggs, cacao powder, and vanilla extract, until combined.
- Gently add in your dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated. The mixture will be thick and look like it needs more moisture, this is normal! Don’t be tempted to add water though.
- If using chopped Yin paste, fold this through at the end.
- Transfer your brownie batter into the lined pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely, before slicing.