Healthy chocolate cake does exist! This extra special cake may have a few ingredients, but it’s incredibly simple, utterly delicious and easy to make. It is moist, not too sweet, gluten free and kind of fail proof. Perfect for a special occasion. Its the type of cake you can even eat for breakfast!
250g almond flour/meal
120g tapioca flour
80g fine coconut flour
120g coconut sugar
80g Mamamuti Cacao Powder
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup maple syrup
5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
2 teaspoons natural vanilla essence
2 cups milk (coconut, dairy, almond, oat)
Mamamuti Signature Chocolate Ganache
1/4 cup coconut cream or dairy cream
1/4 cup maple syrup
150g Mamamuti Yin Blend Cacao Paste, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Grease and line a large loose bottom cake tin.
- In a large bowl sift together the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, Mamamuti cacao powder, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla paste and milk. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir to combine.
- Spoon the cake batter into the prepared cake tin.
- Gently tap the tin to spread the mixture evenly and prevent air bubbles.
- Place into the oven at 180oC for 50 - 70 minutes until the cake springs back when touched and a skewer comes out clean.
To make the icing...
- Heat the coconut cream and maple syrup gently in a small pot.
- Once it is beginning to steam slightly, turn off the heat and add the cacao paste. Gently whisk together until well incorporated, thick and glossy.
- Allow to cool slightly before spreading over the completely cooled cake.
- Decorate however you desire, with chopped nuts, flowers and fresh or dried fruit.